Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to the most common questions at our Libraries. From how to get a library card, how many items you can borrow, how to use one of our computers, and more.
Using the Library
Find more information on borrowing, returning, and placing holds for items from our Libraries in our Borrowers FAQ.
50 Books with limitations on certain items:
- 10 items - DVDs
- 10 items - CDs
- 5 items - Interlibrary Loans
- 4 items - Kits
- 2 items - Binge Boxes (Multi DVD Themed movie sets)
You can renew your items as long as they are not on hold for another patron or are items received through Interlibrary Loan. Items can be renewed up to 5 times each for 2 weeks at a time. You can renew online by logging into your account or by calling your library.
There are no daily overdue fees for items. However, if your item is overdue for more than 90 days, the item will be marked as lost and your account will be charged the price of the item. The charge will be removed if item is returned in satisfactory condition.
A hold is your reservation in line to get an item and pick up at your chosen location. You can place a hold through our online catalog with the “Place Hold” option on the item record or by calling your local branch with your card information and the item title.
Once your hold has arrived at the chosen pick up location it will remain on hold for 7 days. After that period the hold will be removed and will need to be placed again.
Once your hold is ready for pick up you will receive a notice through the method you chose when creating your library card (phone call, SMS, or email). Ensure that your preferences are up to date when placing holds.
An interlibrary loan is a method of ordering items that are not available in the Citrus County Library System. You can place interlibrary loans by going or calling your local library. Learn more about Interlibrary Loans and place an order online from our Interlibrary Loan page.
Items can be returned at any of our branches regardless of where they were checked out. All branches have inside and outside book drops. DVDs and CDs should be returned inside your library and not placed in outside book drops.
Items that are lost or damaged will be charged to your library account. It is a flat rate of $20 for books and $25 for DVDs/CDs and Interlibrary Loans, per item.
If you find a lost item you have previously paid for you may receive a refund in full if items are returned in satisfactory condition. To receive a refund, you must return the item to your nearest library branch with a copy of the bill receipt and a completed refund form. Refund forms are available at any branch.
Yes, curbside pickup is available Tuesdays and Thursdays at all branches from 10 AM - 12 PM. You can request curbside pickup for your items by first reserving and placing holds on the items you want online, then call your branch to arrange and a pickup time. Once you've arrived, call your branch and wait for delivery to your vehicle.
You can suggest items to be added to our catalog by logging into your library account and selecting the purchase suggestions tab and filling out the suggestion form. Purchase suggestions are limited to once a month.
eBooks & eAudio
Watch how-to videos to learn how to set up and use Libby, our eBook & eAudiobook app, on our Using Libby page.
- Find the app in the App Store or the Play Store. Search for Libby, by OverDrive Labs. Install and open the app.
- Let Libby know if you already have a library card. If you do, click yes. If you don’t, please call your local branch for assistance.
- Connect to Citrus Libraries by selecting “I’ll Search for a Library”. Type in your zip code. Select the Citrus County Library System when prompted.
- Click on “Enter Library Account Details”.
- Select “Sign In With My Library Card” using your complete library card number and PIN when requested. This information will be stored in the app. If you have a question about your PIN, please call the branch. Then click Next. You will verify the card number and click Next again.
- By clicking on the magnifying glass, you will be able to browse or search to find a title you would like to read.
- Tap Borrow to check out the book immediately or touch the cover image to read more about the book.
- Tap Place Hold to be notified when the book is available.
- Items are automatically set to be checked out for 14 days, then tap Borrow.
- Start reading immediately, go to your shelf, or do more browsing.
- Swipe or tap the right side of the screen to turn the page and tap the center of the page for options.
- From the Bottom of most pages there is a link back to the Library, your Shelf, or directly to the book you’re currently reading.
- Check the status of the books you currently have checked out by tapping Shelf, then Loans.
- Check the status of books you’ve reserved by tapping Shelf, then Holds.
- Tap Shelf, then select the 2-colored square by the title you wish to return. Tap Return Early.
- Tap Return again to confirm.
- Tap Shelf. Select Actions, then Reset Kindle or Libby Choices.
- Tap Yes, Reset. Tap Open Book.
- Choose Libby or Kindle.
- To apply to all eBooks, select Remember for all Books.
- Tap Kindle. You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to finish download.
- Sign in to Amazon.
- Verify the “Deliver to:” device and tap Get Library Book.
Computers and Technology
Find more information on how to access our computers and Wifi services.
All of our libraries have computers that are available to the public. A library card is needed to use our computers.
Three one-hour sessions are allowed per day with your library card.
If you don’t qualify for a free library card, you can use a guest pass for the computers at any of our branches by showing your ID. Three 20-minute sessions are allowed per day when using a guest pass.
Three one-hour sessions when logged in with your library card. If using a guest pass, the time is limited to three 20-minute sessions.
Printing and copying is $0.15 per page at all our libraries. Payments can be made for printing in cash. Payment by check is accepted if paying for over $5 in printing.
Copy machines only accept change or dollar bills only.
Unfortunately, the library does not have fax capabilities at this time. If your documents are able to be scanned and emailed, your local library can provide scanning or email services. If documents must be faxed, feel free to call your library to find the nearest faxing location.
Free public Wi-Fi is available at all of our libraries for your device. Connect your tablet, phone, laptop or other device, no library card needed.
Connect at your library by selecting the name of the Library in the available networks list on your device.
Outdoor Wi-Fi is also available at all branches, and is usable from dawn to dusk in the outside areas surrounded the libraries.
You can reserve a study room at our Central Ridge or Homosassa Branches. Come in or contact library staff in order to reserve a study room.
Citrus Libraries host programs for all ages. Come in for a story time, get crafty, learn how to use a computer, get tutoring for your GED, find us at a festival, and more!
All programs and events are open to the public regardless of if they have a library card. Some technology courses may showcase library resources that require your to sign in with a library card.
All branches are closed on Sundays and various holidays. Please visit our Locations & Hours page for each branch’s standard hours and see our homepage for any holiday closures.
The libraries do not provide a notary service, but feel free to call your local library to find the nearest service.